PROGRAM ASSOCIATE (Position Closed)
The Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports (Council) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a full-time Program Associate. This position will be responsible for general administrative support and will play an integral role in helping the Council deliver on its mission. The position will work remotely, but the incumbent will be expected to have availability during East Coast hours of operation. Occasional travel will be required.
The Council is one of the nation’s leading organizations in Recruitment, Retention, and Reactivation (R3) of hunting and shooting sports participants. It is a growing organization that provides a dynamic work environment with a highly motivated team. For more information about the Council please visit cahss.org.
General Administrative Duties
- Manages the Council calendar, effectively anticipating needs of the organization and leadership
- Reviews incoming correspondence (voicemail, email, etc.) and prepares appropriate responses or forwards to correct leadership or staff member for specific requests
- Plans and coordinates travel arrangements for leadership when necessary
- Manages Board of Directors communication (e.g., meeting scheduling, agenda development, minutes, updates)
- Responsible for managing agendas and note taking in weekly team meetings
- Works with accounting firm to manage invoices, subscriptions, and recurring payments
- Responsible for maintaining physical records and office materials at headquarters (occasional travel to Washington D.C. required)
- Organize and maintain online filing system in Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Manager with routine website updates including, but not limited to, maintaining the job board and R3 coordinator contacts
- National R3 Clearinghouse (online repository of R3-related resources)
- Manages general processes associated with all digital assets including, but not limited to screening assets to ensure they are consistent with the purpose of the clearinghouse, approving uploads, tagging and cataloguing, and ensuring file names are accurate.
- Provide user support including account assistance, guidance on general uploads, and general FAQ
- National R3 Community (social network for R3 professionals)
- Review and approve applications to join the R3 Community, and maintain membership list
- Update and maintain events calendar in the community
- Monitor posts and pull relevant content for events, website, etc.
- Assist with planning and hosting the National R3 Symposium (the Council’s annual meeting)
- Schedule times and take notes in specialized meetings when necessary (e.g., The Assessment Group, a professional workgroup led by Council)
- Proof read documents for Council staff when requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to organize and implement daily activities and details and prioritize work, manage time effectively, work unsupervised from a remote location and work effectively within limited financial provision
- Experience in an administrative assistant or similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and OneNote), Zoom, and Google platforms; and ability to adapt to new platforms
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- Must be able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting a director or executive level manager strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask, and ability to meet time-sensitive goals
- Customer service orientation and troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with and passion for hunting, shooting sports, and/or wildlife conservation are preferred, but not required
- Willingness to occasionally work hours outside of the typical workday and workweek, including overnight travel
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and will depend upon qualifications and experience. A phone and internet stipend will be provided in addition to IT hardware and software. The Council offers a generous benefits package with excellent health, vision, dental and life insurance, a competitive 401k match, and paid time off.
Location: Remote with reasonable access to a metropolitan area serviced by commercial airlines. The position will require occasional travel.
Equal Opportunity: The Council provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices. The Council makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
Posting Opening Date: July 18, 2022
Posting Closing Date: Application review will begin August 8, 2022 and the position will be open until filled
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports
Purpose: Ensure support for and active participation in hunting and the shooting sports for future generations.
Vision: America where hunting and the shooting sports are an integral part of mainstream culture and where hunters and shooters are widely recognized as premiere conservation contributors.
Mission: Facilitate the promotion and growth of hunting and the shooting sports and the education of the public on the contributions that hunters and shooters make towards wildlife conservation.