R3 BEST PRACTICES FOR IMPLEMENTING R3 EFFORTS
- Your playbook as an R3 practitioner is the National Hunting and Shooting Sports Action Plan. These are the national recommendations for how to best implement R3 initiatives and evaluate them! You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. Read this. Now.
- For additional information on best practices, how to use the Outdoor Recreation Adoption Model to map your R3 efforts, and more, check out the Council Youtube Channel.
- For a vast collection of all things R3 including case studies, research, annual reports, toolkits, marketing guides, photo assets, and more, head over to the National R3 Clearinghouse.
- The Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports (Council) and the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF) are the parallel leading organizations in the national R3 effort. Together we provide a unified front of training, guidance, and research to help R3 practitioners along their R3 pathway in hunting and shooting sports as well as angling and boating.
- For specific guidance from RBFF on angling and boating R3 initiatives, check out their R3 resources at www.Takemefishing.org/R3.
- For angling R3 best practices, check out the RBFF Actionable Strategies for Angler Recruitment, Retention, and Reactivation!
R3 Topic Guides
The Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports convened the National R3 Implementation Workgroup in 2018 to help further the implementation of the National Hunting and Shooting Sports Action Plan. This group of R3 experts dedicated over 5,500 collective hours to identify priorities, define strategies, collect feedback, and develop products to help advance R3. The R3 Topic Guides are a collection of four resources developed by the group to help tackle subject matters that were identified as priorities.
CONNECTING WITH R3 PROFESSIONALS
We are here to help! Whether you’re needing a sounding board, looking for resources, needing help on a grant, going through R3 planning, or needing support for an R3 stakeholder summit, the Council is here to provide you with the support you need to succeed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the R3 Community
If you haven’t yet, join the National R3 Community.
This is a private social media network of over 3,000 R3 practitioners! This is where your colleagues go to share lessons learned, celebrate successes, ask questions, brainstorm, and story-tell.
Angling and Boating R3
If you are needing help with angling and boating R3-specific initiatives, RBFF is here to help! You can reach them here https://www.takemefishing.org/corporate/who-we-are/rbff-staff/
If you are looking for a way to get involved at the regional and national level, the best way to connect is through your regional Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies and their R3 Committee. These are your next-door neighbors who are dealing with the same things you are and can help provide guidance, offer support, and get you involved with regional R3 initiatives that elevate and amplify your state work! To get connected, contact your R3 Committee Chair:
Midwest Region: Megan Wisecup email@example.com
Northeast Region: Coren Jagnow firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Region: Scott Lavin SLavin@azgfd.gov
Southeast Region: Jenifer Wisniewski Jenifer.Wisniewski@tn.gov