For Immediate Release
Inquiries: Samantha Pedder
Manager of R3 Partnerships – Application Open
The Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports is seeking an experienced professional to serve as its Manager of R3 Partnerships. This individual will join the Council team and help to advance national R3 efforts, with a focus on serving industry, non-profit, and state partners.
Posting Opening Date: July 20, 2020
Posting Closing Date: August 14, 2020 (or until filled by an exceptional candidate)
This position works with the Director of Operations and Manager of Communications and Human Dimensions to advance a national movement focused on the recruitment, retention, and reactivation (R3) of hunters and recreational target shooters. The Manager of Partnerships is responsible for growing and increasing strategic partnerships to advance R3 and conservation work, as well as support efforts to engage state and federal agencies. This is a full-time, at-will, exempt position.
- Works with CEO/President and Director of Operations to implement Business Plan and ensure fulfillment of goals/metrics set annually.
- Assists staff in the management of the biennial National R3 Symposium.
- Assist in supporting Council Board during meetings and other events as necessary.
- Works with Director of Operations to develop annual applications to the M-MSCG program.
- Develops narrative for and completes the Annual Performance Report and other performance/progress reports and grant applications.
- Monitors relevant grant activities and progress of R3 projects and activities.
- As needed, works with Director of Operations to develop new sources of funding including grants and services for partners.
- Assists the Director of Operations with managing the National R3 Implementation Workgroup to help lead that effort forward in demonstrating national progress on R3 efforts.
- Assists staff in planning and conducting the National R3 Symposium.
- Assists in development of resources to increase understanding of R3.
- Provides support to partner R3 coordinators as possible – review plans, offers updates on progress, connects partners together, and expands Council facilitation at the regional and national level.
- Provides support to regional R3 committees and attends regional meetings as appropriate.
- Works with staff to deliver content to appropriate audiences through the R3 community, website and ot her communication platforms.
- Works with Council staff to raise the Council’s profile by generating content and responding to media requests.
- Works with all staff to ensure consistent company branding and messaging.
- Helps source and identify opportunities to communicate R3 success stories and testimonials.
- Collaborates with partners to provide engaging text, image, and video content for sharing with R3 community and external audiences.
- Supports the National R3 Clearinghouse as an extension of the R3 Community.
- Represents Council at key events at state/regional/national level as requested by President/CEO and Director of Operations.
- Assists the Director of Operations and President/CEO in monitoring legislative issues relevant to R3.
Other duties as assigned: The employee is expected to undertake additional duties as will be assigned by the President/CEO and the Director of Operations.
This position will be evaluated by the President and CEO and the Director of Operations of the Council on an annual basis.
Skills, Qualification, and other Job Requirements:
- Possess an undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, journalism, media, fish and wildlife management, conservation, natural resource management or a similar field is required – a master’s degree is preferred in a science or field beneficial to the above job duties.
- Have at least three years’ experience working on R3 efforts at a state, regional or national level.
- The employee must be thoroughly committed to the Council’s purpose, mission and vision and have an unwavering commitment to the organization and goals of the Council.
- Proven ability to organize and implement daily activities and details and prioritize work, manage time effectively, work unsupervised from a remote location and work effectively within limited financial provisions.
- Proven ability to network and establish relationships with organizations in multiple sectors including government, for-profit, and non-profit.
- Possess a customer-centric attitude and prove capable in helping others to address their needs.
- Project management, planning, and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and meet time-sensitive goals.
- Excellent communicator across multiple forms of media – written, verbal, and graphics.
- Must be willing to work hours that extend outside of the typical workday and workweek throughout the year, including travel overnight and on weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google platforms and proficient in email and social media management software.
- Familiarity with the National Hunting and Shooting Sports Action Plan, National R3 Community, National R3 Clearinghouse, and National R3 Implementation Workgroup.
- Familiarity and passion in the outdoor industry and conservation profession.
Compensation: Compensation and benefits will depend upon qualifications and experience of the employee. Health insurance, 401 K, and annual vacation and sick leave are included in the benefits package. An annual performance evaluation will be completed each year and the evaluation will be used as the basis for any salary adjustments.
Location: Remote with reasonable access to a metropolitan area serviced by commercial airlines. Position may require travel up to 40% of the time.
To Apply: Please complete the application and submit a cover letter, resume, and references.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.