The Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports would like to thank our sponsors, speakers and attendees for coming together and making the 2022 National R3 Symposium a huge success. More than 200 R3 professionals from over 100 agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGO) and industries across the country attended the event held May 2-5, 2022 at the Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center in Broken Arrow, OK.
National R3minutes Champion Crowned!
Justin Grider, R3 Coordinator for the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources took the mic and delivered the haymaker that crowned him the first undisputed R3minutes Champion. Titled, “Ideological Shift,” Justin highlighted Alabama’s recent attitude shift - focused on customer service over citations.
In all 22 R3 practitioners from agencies, non-governmental organizations and industries competed on the big stage for the chance at glory. They shared projects, success stories, and lessons learned with a focus on real-world results.
To view the R3minutes presentation slides download the pdf:
What is R3minutes?
R3minutes is a no holds barred; fun competition designed to allow a crowd of presenters the opportunity to highlight their best R3 efforts in rapid succession. Each presenter will have three minutes and one PowerPoint slide to step up to the mic and tell their story. No R3 project or effort is too big or small to share the why, how, outcomes and takeaways. R3minutes will provide the community with a broad overview of the great R3 work around the country and present an opportunity for attendees to follow up with presenters during the symposium and by email.
Competition without rules is chaos, so act in accordance with the following:
- R3minutes must be projects or efforts related to R3 for hunting, shooting sports, angling or boating related to any discipline including marketing, licensing, policy, regulation, access, on-the-ground programs.
- R3minutes require one PowerPoint slide (no less, no more). Get creative and focus on effectively communicating your project or effort. Slide must include your name and email address to facilitate follow-up questions.
- R3minutes is just that – Three minutes to communicate the why, how, outcomes and takeaways of your R3 project of effort. Practice in advance, to ensure you stay within the allotted three minutes.
How R3minutes are judged?
The primary goal of R3minutes is to provide an opportunity for many presenters to compete and share highlights in a short amount of time. Our panel of expert judges don’t take themselves too seriously, but will strive to strictly follow these judging criteria:
- Did the presentation follow a clear, concise, and logical pathway?
- Was the need for the project or effort communicated effectively?
- Were there main results and takeaways that could benefit the R3 community? (Does not have to be positive results, it could also be a lesson learned.)
- Did the presentation make the audience want to know more?
- Did the presenter convey enthusiasm for the project or effort and maintain the audience’s attention?
- Did the PowerPoint slide enhance the presentation and provide contact information?
- Did the presenter spend adequate time on each area of the presentation?
2022 National R3 Symposium Presentations
National R3 Symposium Agenda
The Agenda for the 2022 National R3 Symposium is presented below and may be downloaded in a PDF format by clicking on the printer icon. You may also download the Whova app to view the agenda on your mobile device. Additional details will be added as they are confirmed. Please check back before the conference to ensure you have the latest version.
Schedule reflects Central Timezone